Hey guys! So happy to be part of the Dawn of the Apocalypse blog tour, hosted by Shane from Itching for Books.
Check out the author’s guest post below and don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
Hi, my name is E.S.P. Today I’m going to show you my famous, world renowned recipe! Enjoy!
Recipe for an Apocalypse
1. An Apocalypse: Okay, I know that’s pretty obvious. But for an apocalypse, you have to have something that is causing the end of the world. So what will that be? Drastic climate change? Terrorism?
In Dawn of the Apocalypse, the cause for our end is these gargoyle creatures that no one knows where they came from (or at least no one is saying). These gargoyles are virtually invincible, which brings me to my next point.
2. Impending Doom: When you can’t help feeling like you’re trapped in your worst nightmare and there’s no escape, you probably have an apocalypse on your hands. I mean, human instinct is usually right. Sometimes.
3. The Unlikely Hero: Almost every story has an unlikely hero. I can’t really say Cliff was the world’s savior, but he did help out some people along the way. Needless to say, he’s only fifteen so not many people believe in him.
I’ll let you decide for yourself if Cliff is really a hero or not, but every story’s main character can somewhat be a hero. You can decide if you’ll be the hero in the coming apocalypse.
4. The Villain: The villain is the person who holds every thing up. In contrast to the hero, they have the power. They hold the world and if they drop it, it’s up to the hero to catch it.
The funny thing is the villain has more power than the hero! And they also are the survivors during the apocalypse.
5. Hope: This ingredient is vital to the entire recipe. You only need a little.
Mix everything in a bowl. And you have your apocalypse.
Make sure you handle with care. This is not the type of recipe you want getting in the wrong hands.
Check out the blurb!
Title: Dawn of the Apocalypse
Release date: August 9th 2013
Publisher: Mind Candy Media
January 1, 2000.
May 21, 2011.
December 21, 2012
These are just a few of the days humans prophesied as bringing catastrophic events that would end the world. We predicted nuclear warfare. Drastic climate change. A call from God.We were wrong.
Cue the gargoyle invasion—laboratory bred mutants designed to slaughter humans. When the government goes AWOL and gargoyles are swarming by the hundreds, it’s up to the citizens of the United States to regroup and save themselves.
Meet Cliff Matthews, a teenage boy separated from his entire family with the exception of his younger sister, whom he is desperate to keep alive. Along the quest to save their lives, he encounters people who aren’t all that they seem. Everyday’s a battle, but if he can’t trust his own species, where does that leave his family.
And we can’t forget the man who may be willing to sacrifice Cliff’s life, if it means world domination.
In terms of doomsday, no one could have seen this coming.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Being the daughter of an accomplished author, E.S.P. grew up listening to stories and telling her own to classmates. After writing for several years and even publishing some short works, she finally decided to take the plunge to write (plus finish!)a full length novel. Thus, Dawn of the Apocalypse was born. When she’s not writing, she’s either reading books, blogging at whoistheserialreader.blogspot.com, or watching eighties movies